Pages

Monday, October 3

delicious sundays and stephano

What a weekend!

Saturday was beautiful here in Toronto. Keri (our lead farm hand) came by to finish taking out the old chicken run and turned all the soil. She did an awesome job and I’m so grateful to have her around. It looked like a million bucks when she was finished with it.

On Sunday I woke up to rain. Lots of it.
Rainy days are perfect for watching movies and baking bread. So, I dug out A Home at the End of the World (starring the delicious Colin Farrel) and my bread book and got started.

I opted for a Chocolate Chip & Walnut Banana bread and a Classic White loaf.

While I waited for the dough to rise I went for a quick trip to get a coffee and ran into my new neighbour Stephano. He complimented me on the work we had done in the yard and mentioned that the landlord had told him we had chickens. I asked him if that would be an issue (ready to launch into my ‘Backyard Hens’ speech). He laughed and said, “I’m Italian. Where I’m from everyone has chickens in their backyard.”

Phew. Bullet dodged.

Also, I love Italian people.

No comments: